Thursday, February 14, 2008

What Interview Questions Do You Ask ?

Here are some of the things I might ask in an interview. I admit, I'm not the best interviewer, I'm a developer. But, I am part of the hiring process for new developers (and should be). I know many other developers are placed in the same situation. I hope to share my experience and learn from others.

They aren't listed in any particular order and this is neither comprehensive or complete. I'm not worried about publishing it because if a fraction of the people I interview actually took the step of reading the first few pages of Google results for whatever they are interviewing for they'd be ahead anyway.

Most of these are pretty Java specific. We use other languages too but, the majority of dev is with Java right now.

My goal is not to torture a candidate with trivia questions. My goal is find find out if they can write code and how well they can fit in with the team.

I'm curious to see what kinds of things others are asking too.

I actually ask a lot more code questions but, the nature of work makes those proprietary :-(

No comments: